Studio Policies and Procedures for COVID
Below are the updates that we have made to our facility, policies and procedures to keep you and/or your child safer while practicing with us:
- Before attending a virtual or in-studio class we ask that you log into your Mindbody account and sign the new waiver which includes: Flying Buddha Studio’s Policies and Procedures for COVID and Liability Waiver for Re-Opening.
- When attending a class or workshop in the studio you will be asked to sign our Safety First Partnership Agreement and Assumption of Risk.
- Classes in the larger studio space will be limited to 9 students. Classes in the smaller studio space will be limited to 5 students.
- No drop-ins allowed. Please sign up online to guarantee your spot.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before your scheduled class to allow room for everyone to check in and safely set up for class while social distancing. If you arrive after the class start time you will not be able to attend and marked as absent.
- Please note that we follow the Montgomery County mandate on mask requirement. Please be conscious of other people and mindful of social distancing.
- Each hammock is distanced more than 6 feet apart. For mat classes there will be markers on the floor so you can appropriately distance yourself from others.
- Surfaces (iPad, pens, door handles, bathroom and locker keys, etc) will be disinfected between classes.
- We are switching out our hammocks for laundering after each use. To cover these costs we offer either a hammock rental for $10 or the option to purchase your own hammock (payment plans are available).
- If you are bringing your own hammock that was not purchased at our studio please let your instructor know so they can evaluate the equipment for safety. Only climbing grade equipment may be used in our studio.
- We encourage you to bring your own mat or purchase one from the studio; however, we do have rental mats available for $3.
- Props (including blankets) are cleaned regularly. Again, we suggest you bring your own. Other options if you don’t have your own props would be to use a towel as a blanket or belt as a strap. We do offer these props for sale in our studio as well.
- Hand sanitizer is located strategically around the studio.
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided to wipe down rental mats and equipment.
- We ask that when you exit the studio be mindful of social distancing etiquette and be patient as each student gathers their belongings and exits the studio.
We ask that you do the following while you are at Flying Buddha:
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds after you sneeze or cough into your
elbow. Soap and water are located in changing area or the bathroom (which is maintained by the building).
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distance from fellow students and
- Wipe down any props and rental mats that you use with disinfectant wipes/cleaning spray and towels provided.
- Let us know if you see anything that could be improved upon!
Cancellation and Refund Policy Due to COVID:
- Please cancel a pre-registered class if you are unable to attend to make space available to others.
- Cancellations must be made through our online reservation system. The same system you used to pre-register.
- If you are absent, arrive late, or cancel with less than 4 hours notice before the start of class you will be charged a single class rate ($30) for any class that is waitlisted.
- Workshop, training, and series cancellations require a 48 hour email notice before the workshop, training, or series takes place. Cancellation requests with less than 48 hours notice will not be honored unless we can fill your space. Absence to a workshop or series is nonrefundable. Refunds are at the sole discretion of Flying Buddha and will be considered in such cases where there’s illness or an emergency. Requests for refund must be submitted in writing.
- Class packages are non-refundable and are valid for 1 year. In a situation where events such as COVID-19 prevent a student from taking full advantage of their class package, FBS will honor the time missed due to the unforeseen event from the official studio close date to the official studio opening date.
- New student unlimited in-studio passes are non-refundable and are valid from the date of purchase for two weeks. If you purchased a new student unlimited in-studio pass in March 2020, the day you come into the studio we will honor the start of your two weeks.
Memberships are non-refundable. Please note, the fee for cancelling soft opening membership pricing specials will be waived due to COVID-19. Once the membership is cancelled these pricing options will not be available. If a student decides to rejoin they may rejoin at the current membership price.
- Soft opening membership prices do not include the option to hold or freeze the account. For membership contracts signed after April 2020 the account can be put on hold/frozen once per calendar year for a minimum of 30 days and maximum of 60 days with 2 weeks written notice to freeze the account. To cancel the membership, provide 30 days written notice. There will be a cancellation fee equal to the monthly membership rate listed in your contract.
- All hammocks, weight bearing equipment, and FBS merchandise sales are non-refundable.
- Flying Buddha has the right to cancel classes, workshops, training, series, and special events at any time. A full refund will be given unless the cancellation is due to inclement weather, in this case a rescheduled date will be provided.
General Studio Guidelines
- Pre-register online to ensure a space in class or register in studio before class (space permitting).
- Check in at the front desk or at the iPad upon your arrival.
- Bring your own yoga mat or you can rent one at the studio for $3. (Note: you are responsible for cleaning your rented mat when finished with class. Cleaner will be provided. Thank you).
- Arrive 10 minutes before class.
- We highly recommend that you come dressed for your class. The building has a restroom close to the studio for your convenience. If you need to change, please arrive early to change and get to your class on time.
- Remove your coats and shoes before entering individual studio rooms.
- Lockers are available for students. Lost locker key fee: $15 per incident.
- Please secure your valuables. You may take small personal devices into the studio rooms.
- Flying Buddha Studio is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Water bottles with lids and silenced cell phones are permitted in the studio rooms.
- Mention any injuries or special conditions to your teacher at the beginning of class.
- Class time is special. Avoid leaving class early. If you must, do so quietly and courteously.
- We are all individuals and scents that appeal to some may not to others. Please limit your use of perfume, cologne, and other items that exude an odor as it can be a distraction in class.
General Studio Policies
- Payment in full is required prior to attending class. Flying Buddha Studio accepts: Credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), cash, checks and gift card.
- Discounts cannot be added together; the higher of the discounts will be applied.
- Classes, Passes, and Membership cannot be shared or transferred between people.
- Terms, Conditions, and Fees are subject to change without prior notification.