Studio Policies and Procedures for COVID
Below are the updates that we have made to our facility, policies and procedures to keep you and/or your child safer while practicing with us:
- Before attending a virtual or in-studio class we ask that you log into your Mindbody account and sign the new waiver which includes: Flying Buddha Studio’s Policies and Procedures for COVID and Liability Waiver.
- No drop-ins allowed. Please sign up online to guarantee your spot.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled class to allow room for everyone to check in and safely set up for class. If you arrive after the class start time you will not be able to attend and marked as absent.
- As a courtesy to other students please plan on attending your class for the entire duration. Arriving 10-15 minutes beforehand and leaving when class has concluded.
- Please note that we follow the Montgomery County mandate on face masks. Please be conscious and mindful of other people.
- Surfaces (iPad, pens, door handles, bathroom and locker keys, etc) will be disinfected between classes.
- To cover the costs of properly sanitizing our hammocks after each use we offer either a hammock rental for $10 or the option to purchase your own hammock (payment plans are available).
- If you are bringing your own hammock that was not purchased at our studio please let your instructor know so they can evaluate the equipment for safety. Only climbing grade equipment may be used in our studio.
- We encourage you to bring your own mat or purchase one from the studio; however, we do have rental mats available for $3.
- Props (including blankets) are cleaned regularly. Again, we suggest you bring your own. Other options if you don’t have your own props would be to use a towel as a blanket or belt as a strap. We do offer these props for sale in our studio as well.
- Hand sanitizer is located strategically around the studio.
- Disinfectant spray and towels will be provided to wipe down rental mats and equipment.
- No video recording during class. Videos are at the teacher’s discretion. We do see video as a valuable learning tool and the teacher will verbalize when the appropriate times are to take videos.
We ask that you do the following while you are at Flying Buddha:
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds after you sneeze or cough into your elbow. Soap and water are located in changing area or the bathroom (which is maintained by the building).
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Wipe down any props and rental mats that you use with disinfectant wipes/cleaning spray and towels provided.
- Let us know if you see anything that could be improved upon!
Cancellation and Refund Policy Due to COVID:
- Please cancel a pre-registered class if you are unable to attend to make space available to others.
- Cancellations must be made through our online reservation system. The same system you used to pre-register.
- For waitlisted classes if you are absent, arrive late, or cancel with less than 12 hours notice before the start of class you will lose a single class session.
- If you cancel less than 12 hour before the start of class whether it is waitlisted or not, you will lose a single class session.
- If an emergency or illness does arise and you are unable to cancel within this timeframe please call or email the studio prior to the class.
- Workshops and series hosted by Flying Buddha are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Absence to a workshop or series is nonrefundable. In cases where there is illness or emergency refunds are considered at the sole discretion of Flying Buddha. Requests for refund must be submitted in writing. The refund policy regarding trainings hosted by Flying Buddha at Flying Buddha studio follows the trainers refund policy. Please check the training description for more details. If details are not listed please contact us at email@example.com.
- Class packages are non-refundable and are valid for 1 year. In a situation where events such as COVID-19 prevent a student from taking full advantage of their class package, FBS will honor the time missed due to the unforeseen event from the official studio close date to the official studio opening date.
- New student unlimited in-studio passes are non-refundable and are valid from the date of purchase for one week.
- There are no additional discounts that can be applied to our new student specials.
- Soft opening membership prices do not include the option to hold or freeze the account. For membership contracts signed after April 2020 the account can be put on hold/frozen once per calendar year for a minimum of 30 days and maximum of 60 days with 2 weeks written notice to freeze the account. To cancel the membership, provide 30 days written notice. There will be a cancellation fee equal to the monthly membership rate listed in your contract.
- All hammocks, weight bearing equipment, and FBS merchandise sales are non-refundable.
- Flying Buddha has the right to cancel classes, workshops, training, series, and special events at any time. A full refund will be given unless the cancellation is due to inclement weather, in this case a rescheduled date will be provided.
General Studio Guidelines
- Pre-register online to ensure a space in class or register in the studio at the front desk for a future date.
- Check in at the front desk or at the iPad upon your arrival.
- Bring your own yoga mat or you can rent one at the studio for $3. (Note: you are responsible for cleaning your rented mat when finished with class. Cleaner will be provided. Thank you).
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before class.
- We highly recommend that you come dressed for your class. However, we have an area with a sink in the studio space for you to change your clothes if needed. The building also has a restroom close to the studio for your convenience.
- Remove your coats and shoes before entering individual studio rooms.
- Please secure your valuables. You may take small personal devices into the studio rooms.
- Flying Buddha Studio is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Water bottles with lids and silenced cell phones are permitted in the studio rooms.
- Mention any injuries or special conditions to your teacher at the beginning of class.
- Class time is special. Avoid leaving class early. If you must, do so quietly and courteously.
- We are all individuals and scents that appeal to some may not to others. Please limit your use of perfume, cologne, and other items that exude an odor as it can be a distraction in class.
General Studio Policies
- Payment in full is required prior to attending class. Flying Buddha Studio accepts: Credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), cash, checks, and gift card.
- Discounts cannot be added together; the higher of the discounts will be applied.
- Membership cannot be shared or transferred between people.
- Terms, Conditions, and Fees are subject to change without prior notification.